Hello. My name is Marianne Dove. I’m a
recruiter for Google. Google is currently seeking several Unix/Linux
experts for a couple of positions in
If it’s not possible, I understand. I don’t mean to crowd your technical list with a job posting, but this is such a great opportunity, and Google is seeking the very best Engineers from around the world and I feel there must be dozens of linux experts out there. I’m hoping I can find some of them on your list via my posting. Thank you for your consideration and time.
-We are looking for a detail-oriented systems professional, seasoned Unix jockey, Internet services architect, database whiz, performance analyst, or software engineer, at the top of their game.
-Can you help achieve increased Availability, Reliability, Uptime, and Quality? (for our systems and services, naturally)
-Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) are involved in all aspects of running our site, from design to debug, from architecture to applications. Google SREs spend their time troubleshooting problems in large-scale clustered application service environments, and focus on making continual improvements to our services.
-This position requires a passion for problem solving, deep understanding of networks, operating systems, multi-tiered Internet services, and the ability to learn new applications and concepts quickly. Strong scripting skills are essential.
-As an SRE, you will wear many hats: performance analyst, service architect, system/database administrator, capacity planner, tools developer, monitoring expert, and technical evangelist, for all components of Google's Ads services.
1. Do you have at least a BS or BA in computer science or a related technical field?
2. Do you have 3+ years of experience as a Unix/Linux Systems Administrator or are you a software engineer with networking architecture experience?
3. Do you have experience in Python programming or Perl or scripting?
Email your text (ASCII) or PDF version of your resume to : email@example.com
Hands on Senior Technical Engineering Manager
Position based in
We're looking for a highly technical, hands-on Engineering Manager to lead a team of 4-10+ Google software engineers and sysadmins in Site Reliability. Site Reliability teams are directly responsible for Google's stellar uptime record, and act as the guardians and custodians of Google's user-visible services. In the manager role, you will be responsible for ensuring that Google users can always reach and use all of the services under your team's care.
· Very high technical competence and strong academic record.
· Currently holding a very senior or Director level role.
· 4+ years of relevant hands-on technical experience, and a record of individual technical achievement.
· 3-10+ years of relevant experience managing software development and/or operations teams.
· Strong project management skills, especially in deploying live end-user systems.
· That rare mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of technically-astute teams across the company.
· Expert coding ability
· BA/BS in CS preferred; MS / Ph.D. a plus.
For immediate consideration, please send a PDF or Text version of your resume to: