Customer Snapshot: BHARAT PETROLEUM
Test, Development and Production
Bharat Petroleum was rapidly running out of server resources to support its testing and production requirements
• Achieved a 17:1 server consolidation ratio
• Accelerated application testing and deployment from months to weeks
• Improved time-to-market of B2B and B2C in-house applications
• VMware ESX Server on 2-CPU IBM xSeries 440 with 6GB RAM, connected to IBM FastT SAN
• Production applications include: Domain Controller, Exchange 2000 Server Instant Messaging, IBM Tivoli Gateway Servers, GAAP Application Server with SQL 2000
• Test applications include: IIS and SQL 2000, .Net Server with SQL 2000, IBM WebSphere, Etrust Antivirus 7.0, IBM MQSeries, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
“We don't have to wait for the hardware before starting our application development. Once testing is completed, we migrate the virtual machine application to the actual production server environment.”
— Anil Kumar Kaushik
Deputy General Manager,
The Power of VMware Workstation 5
As VMware's latest generation of desktop virtualization software, Workstation 5 offers software developers/testers and IT professionals new ways to improve productivity and streamline the development and testing process.
What's new in Workstation 5:
• Multiple snapshots for capturing point-in-time copies of running virtual machines
• Teams feature for developing and testing "real-world" multi-tier applications
• Full and linked clone capabilities to easily copy and share virtual machines
• Support for new 32-bit guest and host operating systems, and new USB devices
• And more
Want additional information about VMware Workstation? Watch the Workstation demo or visit our Web site to learn more.
To purchase either a full license or upgrade license for Workstation 5, please visit the VMware store. Electronic upgrade licenses are just $99 and full licenses are $189.